Visits and workshops
From elementary school to high school, the cultural mediation service welcomes and accompanies students to discover the museum and the citadel. It offers a varied program of visits and activities related to the collections and temporary exhibitions.
Guided tours and workshops for young people (6-11 years)
A Day at the Museum
Although the museum is located in the center of the island, its visit can represent, for some schools, an important trip. In order to optimize this outing, the cultural mediation team proposes:
A day at the museum in three key moments:
- 10am to 12pm: visit of the permanent collection or the temporary exhibition
- 1:30 pm: visit of the Citadel (Castellu), a 15th century fortress
- 2 to 4 pm: thematic workshop
- Maximum 30 children.
Guided tours for middle and high schools
The visits adapted to the public of the colleges and high schools are articulated around three axes:
- the permanent collections: discovering the “Doazan gallery” and the “museum in the making” gallery. These visits can be done in a thematic way (Craft industry and traditional know-how, The space of the shepherd, Industrial Corsica, The revival of the brotherhoods,… Duration 1h30
- exhibition: associated with the annual theme, educational materials illustrate the course. Duration 1h30
the visit of the 15th century citadel site. This visit can be coupled with one of the previous proposals. Duration 30 minutes